What are the pros and cons of adopting internationally? I hear some people say that international adoption doesn't make sense because there are babies domestically that need homes. I don't necessarily agree with that, I'm just trying to figure out how to decide which is better personally.
We are just starting the process, and we decided on International because we are already have 3 children. Our understanding is that adopting domestically is much less predictable and children are much more likely to be reunited with their families before the adoption is finalized. That is awesome for them, but I don't want my kids to be attached to a sibling and then lose him or her. We also understand that the costs and timelines for international adoption is more predictable, so it could cost less domestically, but it could cost much more and take much more time. Additionally, our understanding is that for a domestic adoption the best chances are for a newborn or older child where we are more interested in a child under 2, but not necessarily a newborn.
What are the pros and cons of adopting internationally? I hear some people say that international adoption doesn't make sense because there are babies domestically that need homes. I don't necessarily agree with that, I'm just trying to figure out how to decide which is better personally.
Last update on August 7, 7:36 am by Yours Truly.