Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello friends!
My husband and I have been married for five years and are considering starting a family soon. I am 28 and have no serious health issues. As far as we know, I have no fertility issues. However, I don't have the desire to have birth children. My entire life (literally, as long as I can remember), I have known that I wanted to adopt. Having birth children was just an assumption and not something I gave any serious thought to until the last few years when children started becoming a real possibility and not just theoretical. My husband isn't sure how he feels about not having any birth children, but he is leaning towards wanting birth children as well as adopting. Have any of you been in similar situations? If so, how did you go about making the decision not to have birth children? I have been struggling to find resources online from people who chose to only adopt, not because of fertility issues, but because it was what they felt called to do. I would love to hear from some of you who are or have been in a similar boat!
Thanks so much!
Cherise
Last update on June 19, 6:17 pm by Cherise Norris.
I don't think infertility is the only reason people should adopt. Adoption is definitely not supposed to just be a backup plan for people in case they can't have biological children. I think if you feel called to do it, then you should do so!
Advertisements
I don't think infertility is the only reason people should adopt. Adoption is definitely not supposed to just be a backup plan for people in case they can't have biological children. I think if you feel called to do it, then you should do so!
I totally agree! I've been struggling to find people to talk to who chose not to have birth children even though they could.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Adoption is something I have seriously considered and may end up doing someday. I'm actually a birth parent, so I know for sure that I can have biological children. But adoption will always have a very special place in my heart and I would be very open to adopting down the road.
I follow a blog kept by a woman who chose to adopt without any infertility challenges. Here's an article she wrote on the topic. Hope that's helpful!