Advertisements
Advertisements
I have a tremendous passion for international adoption and foster care/foster adoption. I have read extensively on the subject over the past several years and am keenly aware of the need for foster and adoptive parents. I see good people all around me who would probably make wonderful adoptive parents. I want to advocate for fostering/adoption but I feel like I can't, because I haven't done it myself. (For various - legitimate - reasons.) So what do you think? How do I promote foster care and adoption without coming across as a hypocrite?
Advertisements
I haven't adopted or fostered either but I encourage people to do it all the time! It's a little different because I am directly involved in the triad, but I think some of the same things still apply. When I talk about my line of work with people adoption comes up, and a lot of the time they themselves will say "oh I've thought about fostering or adopting" and I say "Why don't you?" and it opens up a discussion that way. Talking about work is usually a good precursor for me.
I think it depends on what you mean by encouraging. If it is something the person is thinking about doing, offering support and encouragement is totally okay. If they aren't considering it and haven't brought it up, I don't think it's appropriate to suggest it (even if you are a foster/ adoptive parent, but especially if you're not). You might think someone would be a great foster parent, but they might not be interested. Or they might also have legitimate reasons for not doing so, even if they want to. You don't know the ins and outs of everyone's situations, so bringing it up and making the suggestion would be intrusive.
Depending on your situation, one thing that might be a possible way for you to support foster care/ adoption while not being able to do so yourself is to see if there is a way you can volunteer. There may be opportunities for you to volunteer either to support existing foster families or in a capacity of helping to recruit foster parents.
Hi there friends.
I'm writing from Kampala Uganda.
27 years interested in International Adult Adoption.
With Reference to this Question, "How do I promote foster care and adoption without coming across as a hypocrite?"it is sometimes tricky to get a Genuine agent who will not throw you around after paying some fees. It's veeery common especially if you want to Adopt a Baby or children below 20 years because they are hot cake for this Venture Unlike Adult Adoption where by (you don't need a Medium like an Adoption Agency or Agent) you meet an Individual who you can interact with and MAKE Sense out of your Conversation.
A conversation might be:
1). Why Adult Adoption...or
2). What's interested you to go for Adult Adoption.
3). Did you think of your Birth Family and how they will miss you, thus if one comes from a Peaceful and Accommodative Family.
4). Knowing their background and Listening when they Narrate the Story of life, will really show the Level of Interest in that you have in someone.
-That will help you understand their Deepest Being than some Speaking On Behalf of the Person or Child You are Looking Forward to Adopt.
°Among other things that you can Enjoy while Exchanging Ideas.
°These things will help You Find a Genuine Honest Heart.
I'm 27years,
Kenyan,
Automotive Mechanic
Leaving in Kampala Uganda.
Hard working and Honest.
As an Automotive Technician, I'm looking forward to Join Automotive Service Excellence A.S.E with there Training Centres in New York and Other places and Get Certified after Gaining the most out of the Robust Training in Automotive Engineering.
I desperately looking for a Serious Adoption Family.
I'm an Open and Friend Person...
If you wish to be a Dad or a Mom or a brother or eve a Friend, then you can reach me ON:
EMAIL : moseshisa@gmail.come
(Kenyan. Code +254) 704 065 508
(Ugandan Code +256) 701 426 323
Looking forward to hear from You.
Thanks
The Screenshots are from my Facebook Page I'm having a college Project to Build an Air Ambulance Helicopter.
Last update on June 21, 7:47 pm by Hisa Moses.