Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By barbara
looking for neice born dec.24,1957,birthname Faith,
mother needs to hear from you
sorry---i haven't been on in a while.....their phone # is: (845) 620-72oo.....speak w/richard allen, if he still works there....they have a website too! good luck.... :)
Advertisements
Laura Palmer
Hi I've never found someone else born in the same place I was! I am a female adoptee born 12/14/68 at the Door of Hope in Jersey City, NJ. I recently found my b-family & they rejected me. They said they do not wish contact. But at least now I have some sort of closure. I was just wondering what that maternity home was like? Being its no longer there. I guess it did exist? Thanks for any help. Sue
Yes, it did exist. I gave birth to my son on 11/12/70 at the Margaret Hauge hospital. I was at that home for 5 months. If you have any questions just ask.
Hi Sue!
I am new to all this so excuse my stupidity if it shows!
my bmom was at door of hope a few years before your bmom was, I too was rejected by her. Nothing like a double dose of rejection huh! What I wanted to say to you is that no matter how painful the rejection may be, try to remember that your b mom needs to forgive herself in order to heal herself. Alot of bmoms feel such tremendous guilt that it is hard for them to see that you have only come to them with good and pure intentions. I personally have gone on to find my bdad, and what a time we have had. Maybe it won't replace the longing I still have in my heart to be accepted by my b mom, but it sure has helped to fill a void!
Keep on believing , like I do . Keep on praying that she can forgive herself. That always gives me hope.
Have you looked for your father? How did you find your mother? Anything I can do to help...
just ask!
Ming
sue...I thought you were my daughter, as she was born on the same day, same place....
Your mom & I must have been in the same door of hope in
jersey city....I only remember a blonde girl...who had a room in the hospital, after the baby was born...that overlooked the statue of liberty. and, a yellow blanket rings a bell for the blonde girl.
Feel free to ask me any questions about the time spent in 'that place'.....Nancy
Advertisements
Sue, I also had a daughter on dec. 14,1968 and I think hung out with your mom....see my other post.....any questions, please ask....nancy
sorry, i couldn't sign on here on my other screen name for some strange reason. I am going to try to PM you my email address. I would love to talk to you! Wow, that is awesome, someone that was in the same room as my birthmom!!!! Amazing......
My sister's biological mother was at the door of hope in jersey city but all of her adoption papers and even her birth certificate were stolen years ago so we dont know what hospital, but she was born on the leap year - feb. 29th, 1968 which is pretty unique. Her birth name was melissa ann (now cynthia ann) and my mother believes her birth mother's last name was hanakee. Searching for any sort of information!!!
I was there in 1970. The home was almost like a hospital surrounding, but we were free to come and go as we pleased. You were probably born at the Margaret Hague Hospital.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
Hi. I was at the Door of Hope and had my son on 10/16/68. I may have been there the same time as you. Have you had any luck finding your child?
Laura Palmer
If you have a birthname & birthmom's name you can contact the Salvation Army in NY. I have the phone #. You can get your medical records. They couldn't find mine. Please let me know. Thanks.
Hello, You mentioned you had a phone # for Door of Hope. My mother was there and then gave birth to me 04/18/1951. Wonder if they would still have records from that time. I do know her name and my birth name.
nascar14, I was born in Jersey City on Sept 13, 1970. and adopted on Oct 30, 1970 thru United Famly and Childrens Society in Plainfield, NJ. I do not know what hospital I was born in. And i only just found out about these Salvation Army maternity homes. Maybe my mother was there with you as well?
nascar14
I was also there in 1970, I was on the hospital floor. My son was born October 17,1970 at Margaret Hague Hospital.
Advertisements
After talking to my adoption agency again today. They confirmed my mother was indeed at Door of Hope in Jersey City, New Jersey. They also told me both her and my father were both from out of state. DNA test in Dec seems to show the bulk of my relatives re in southern states, like Georgia, Texas, Florida, the Carolina's. Does anyone who was there around the time i was born, September 13, 1970, remember a girl that perhaps had a southern accents and was in her mid-20's?
Hi: I am looking for my late Aunt's daughter. Born 9/22/1968 in this location. Mother names Elizabeth Altobelli Hauser Father Edward Buchanan. My Aunt is from Elizabeth. She was 38 when she was born but in an Italian family in those days it was shunned. I don't know the baby's name but I want to find my cousin.
I was wondering if you had the # for the Salvation army...I was born in St. Mary's Hospital...but my birthmother was at the door of hope..in Jersey City. it was a place for unwed mothers. DOB Jan. 28, 1963. I don't know my birthmother's name,But I do know my name at birth Tracy Lynn Neebra(last name spelling not sure of)
Thank you for any help you can lend...Cheri
[/quote]
Last update on October 4, 1:08 pm by Lisa Fuentes.