Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Kim Schachte
My husband and I are interested in information about adoption from Kosovo or Yugoslavia. What is the situation there?
Originally Posted By Kate Allen
After reading about the situation in Kosovo, I am interested in information about adopting a child from that country. If there is any available, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Marion
My family is very interested in adopting a Kosovo child? Could you direct me? Thank you.
Dear Kim,
Adopting a child from Kosovo or Yugoslavia would be no different in terms of documentation, obtaining a decree of adoption or guardianship and a US orphan visa than any other country.
The major obstacles would be to find an orphan with identifying documentation, and actually be able to adopt in court and apply for an orphan visa at the American Consulate. Neither might be accessible or functioning when you got over there. In fact, the State Department might have a travel advisory cautioning against travel at that time.
In regard to refugee children, all attempts must be made by the foreign government to locate relatives of the child. Since refugee children do not have documents, new ones must be generated. The process could take years in these countries which are in turmoil.
If you are interested in adopting an orphan who is currently available for adoption, I suggest that you contact established agencies for their literature on countries which already have adoption programs. There are thousands of orphans waiting for parents as I write this.
Dear Friend,
I am unaware of adoption agencies working in Kosovo.
Unfortunately, refugee children are not easily adopted.
If you try to do this privately, it is doubtful that you would be able to find an orphan available for adoption with the proper documents and be able to go to court for an adoption and then to the the American Consulate to obtain an orphan visa.
If you wish to adopt a child, there are many available for adoption in other countries.
Dear Marion,
Unfortunately, refugee children are the last to be declared orphaned and the last to have documents generated for them by their governments. No adoption agency is working in Kosovo at this time.
Advertisements
Dear Marion,
Unfortunately, refugee children are the last to be declared orphaned and the last to have documents generated for them by their governments. No adoption agency is working in Kosovo at this time.
Originally Posted By Katie
go to
this is the main page if you scroll down you will find a link to the us consolar office!
there is info there on adopting from Kosovo and it states that there are no children being adopted to the us or anywhere else from Kosovo at this time! they have no proof that the child is an ligitimate orphan and will not approve the children to be adopted for there are strict laws with immigartion on their definitions of orphans
Advertisements