Advertisements
Advertisements
Does anyone know anything about a 3% mortgage you can get if you adopt a child through fostercare?
Thanks!
Advertisements
It may not necessarily be 3%. There are SOOO many programs out there, its really best to see which fit YOUR situation. Veteran, first time home buyer, if you are a cop, teacher, etc... There are some grant programs available, that will give you $ towards a downpayment, and if you live there for a specific amount of time, the money does not need to be repaid. (it's usually 5 years from what i've seen).
Regardless, this is from NJ's website:
"Homeownership for Adopting Families
NJHMFA's award-winning Home Ownership for Permanency Program provides home ownership mortgage loans to families that are newly adopting or making a permanent commitment through kinship legal guardianship for a child through the Department of Human Services, Division of Youth and Family Services, or a state-licensed adoption agency. The program provides low-interest loans and home ownership counseling to families who are adopting and/or making permanent commitments to children by purchasing a home and/or wish to make improvements to their home to accommodate a larger family. The program is designed to support family stability and access to safe, permanent housing.
For information contact Yirgu Wolde, Community Development Officer, 609-278-7521."
I wish I could get refinanced through the state! My interest rate is 6% and my home value has dropped by $25K so I can only refinance by paying lots in closing costs.
Advertisements
I got a mortgage through HOPP in NJ and I got a one percent fixed rate for thirty years.
I don't know if the qualifications have changed or if funds are still available so you will have to check. I qualified because I was adopting a sibling group and I needed more room as I was in an apartment.
I think you qualify if you are adopting special needs kids or sib groups from foster care. Check them out though. I was able to buy a house because of them. There was no way I could have bought with a regular interest rate.
NJHMFA Has a program for adoptive parents that are in te process of adopting through DYFS. You will need to get a referal from your worker. It is 100% financed at 1%!! There are some stiupulations but not many. Speak with your worker and if you need additional information email me and I will help out all that I can. denise16@hotmail.com. We are closing on our home in May
Advertisements
Justcallmeima
Is this just for first time home buyers?
It's not just for first time homeowners. As long as you are in the process of adopting a child through DYFS. if you own a home you have to sell before you close on your new home. The loan may also be used to make renovation to your existing still at a 1% rate