Advertisements
Advertisements
Feb 2010 my husband and I started the process to become a bridge resource family and we finished in about 4 months. Well right after we were an approved adoptive resource, my husband gets orders to deploy for a year, so our file had to get put on hold. Well now he is back and we want to continue with adopting through OKDHS. Does anyone have an idea of what we will have to do in order to get approved again?
Since your post was 2 months ago, you've probably already figured it out. :-) But if not, contact your worker or the adoption division you were assigned to. You should not have to retake the classes, just have a few home visits to update your homestudy. We're reapplying as well.
Advertisements
Thank you LoveBeingaMom. :) We were finally able to get the ball rolling. We had to go over all of our paperwork, make any changes that needed making. We needed new medicals and background checks. They said they needed to recall our references (which doesn't make sense to me, but oh well) and other than sending a couple other forms in, we are done! :)
Good luck! hopefully it won't take too long for you to get re-approved. Its taking a bit longer for us than we would like. =/