Advertisements
Advertisements
My partner and I are thinking about adopting. We are both birthmothers, so we know how much support a pregnant teen needs, and also what it feels like to be alienated from your family when you need the most support.
Does anyone have any ideas of where to go to adopt a pregnant teen? We do have a social worker coming over next week to start adoption paperwork. We are licensed for foster care already. We really want to help a child that needs it the most.
Tami and Theresa
1 Liked
 likes this.
Don't you think the above post is a bit odd? Why are you posting this, as it seems these 2 want to take advantage of a pregnant teen. Don't you think the FBI should be alerted to investigate this post?
Advertisements
Hello,
I am not sure you understand this...these folks are trying to help someone who has been in a similar situation to theirs...why would you call the fbi on someone who is trying to be supportive of a young pregnant teen?
I guess you live in a cave, with no access to a newspaper. There are plenty of social service agencies that help pregnant teens, WITHOUT the stipulation of adoption them, or manipulating them all in the name of adoption. Perhaps YOU are the poster, and are paranoid that your MO has been blown. This sounds fishy, so a copy of this WILL be forwarded to the FBI.
I do not see anything wrong with adopting a pregnant teen that would otherwise have no other options than to give up her child. We want her to parent her child, not us. We did have a home study yesterday, and the social worker did not have a problem at all with our request. It is done, pregnant teens are in foster care with no resources to raise their babies.
You are so spineless you can't even put your name and email address. You are hiding behind your anonymonity. Come out. Let us know who you are. If you feel the need to contact the FBI, go for it. YOU will look like the fool, not me. I am not afraid to show my name, or email address. I am not afraid to help someone that needs help. You, on the other hand, must have too much time on your hands. I feel very sorry for you.
If you have a reply, send it to my email address (Bmomtami1@aol.com), so the board can get back to the subject.
Tami
1 Liked
 likes this.
Originally Posted By a concerned professional
Tami,
I don't post here but I do lurk from time to time. I have to admit that your parenting request is strange. I work for my state Division of Children and Youth Services, and an puzzeled
by any social worker who would grant a homestudy to attemp to adopt a pregnant teen. My division would automatically refer the pregnant teen to counseling services, home bound schooling, housing, medical care ,etc. Adoption would never be an option for our teen in need. While I am not down and out saying that you are up to misintentions, you have to understand the red flags given to your request.Posting your email does not by any means take away any doubts to your posts. People in this world are just trying to prevent internet fraud, scams, and the possible harm that can come to a young, unsuspecting girl by two female strangers.
concerned professional
Advertisements
I do not understand. I talked to the social worker that we are working with. There are girls in foster care that are pregnant, and some that have babies. It is hard to place them sometimes, because adoptive parents don't want the responsibility of the mom and baby. Most adoptive parents want to parent the mom and baby. We want to let the mom parent her child. I guess I am glad that we have a social worker that understands. It isn't that we are 'only' looking for this kind of child. We are interested in any age. Being birthmoms that had NO support, therefore made the best choice AT THE TIME, to give up our children, we can relate to a young mom in that position.
I thought this was a supportive place to find ideas about adoption. I had no idea it was such a hateful place at times. There are about 50 people that understand and are supportive for every one that is nasty and suspicious. I guess people that know us know that we are only wanting to help a child.
Think what you want, but I know I am doing what is right for us and a child.
How can this be soo bad? People go into adoption ONLY WANTING a white infant. Look at all the other kids that need homes. We are.
This is the email I got-again, from an anonymous address:
First of all, I see major PROBLEMS with this already. You say that you
are a " couple", but are trying to do a single parent adoption. Does the
word FRAUD ring a bell? Who is your SW, and why would she help you do a
homestudy for an adoption involving fraud. Second, IT IS AGAINST THE LAW
IN SOME STATES FOR GAYS TO ADOPT!!!!!NO LAYWER IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD
ASSIST YOU IN ADOPTING AND BREAKING THE LAW.I HAVE SEEN YOUR
POSTS!!!!!!YOU ARE SICK AND TWISTED.WHAT STATE DO YOU LIVE IN, SO I CAN
TURN YOU IN!!!!!!!
NOW...My reply
First of all, I live in Kansas.
Second of all, as a lesbian couple, one of us needs to adopt as a single parent. It is NOT against the law for gay or lesbian people to adopt.
Third of all, there is no fraud involved.
Fourth, for ALL the gay men and lesbians that have adopted, I am sure it will come as quite a shock that the adoptions are not legal.
Fifth, please get a life. You need to research this subject alot more before condemning and attacking people.
I will not respond to you anymore, I have much better things to do with my time than to worry about what you think.
Tami
Originally Posted By a reader
Just reading this thread, and it is a shame you are getting so much hatred . I am not taking any sides, nor am I judging anyone, however as the previous poster mentioned, there are some states where gays are not permitted to adopt.I'm not saying this is right, but some states do have this as law. Yes, there are ways around this. A certain popular day time talk so host ( yes, I'm referring to HER) found a way to get around this by adopting as a "single " mother, when in deed she has a "partner." She did this 3 times, so if she can do it 3 times, perhaps you can do it once.
Good luck to you,
a fan of "that show"
I know what show you are referring to, and there is no 'proof' that the hostess is a lesbian.
I do appreciate the support. Although, adopting as a single parent is not 'getting around the law.' It is adopting as a single parent. Since gay/lesbian marriage is not legal in the United States, the adoption by a gay/lesbian couple would be hard to legalize. There is not a legal bond between partners. One day that may change, and that would be wonderful.
Advertisements
Wow! These accusations seem truly ridiculous to me. I guess because I am also specifically requesting to adopt a pregnant teenager & they will be their child's mom - not me. I came across this site because ALL the other search options for "adopting a pregnant teen" were about taking a teen's child from them through adoption or asking if I was a pregnant teen and encouraging me to give my child up for adoption, not adopting them and helping them be a mother to their child.
Most teens in foster care who become pregnant, have their baby removed from them against their will and without their input before they leave the hospital simply because the system doesn't have enough foster homes that are willing to take on a teenager and an infant. I realized this while watching a video on adoption. A teen mother was speaking about how grateful she was for being adopted because if the couple had not adopted her, her and her baby were going to be seperated. I cried, and I am not an emotional person, but that girl's story broke my heart! I had never even considered this as being the norm, but I spoke with the DHS workers in my adoption certification class and they confirmed that this was true "in way too many cases". I knew then that I was going to make that a priority in my selection of a child. The person who claims to work for a state agency should know that, but programs do vary from state to state and some states do not seperate them. Most do out of necessity or send them to "group homes" (my mother worked at one for a short time and they are definitely not a pleasant or ideal situation), but even then many are grateful to be there just to remain with their child. So, it shocks me to see so many negative comments and people twisting it into something ugly. I think it is ugly to take someone's child through no fault of their own simply because people will not step-up like this couple is doing! I am a single straight female and have had a few negative insinuations about adopting while being a "single mom", but I have not addressed them negatively because the first time suprisingly, a man overheard and lectured the poor guy for 10 minutes about "single moms" (He happened to be raised very well by one), and on the other occassion, I just treated it as a valid question, stating that it is hard but rewarding and easier than raising a child in a 2 parent family that does not agree on how to do so. I guess my point it that some people will always be negative about any good that you try to do. Do not let it discourage you. Listen to your heart, follow your path and ignore the negative people. It seems that some people here have more of a problem with your relationship preferences than your adoption, and that is their problem. A teenager is more than capable of deciding what home and what family they will be comfortable and happy in - whether it is a "single mom", 2 women, 2 men, a single dad or a mom and a dad - anyone who is willing to at least be an option of a secure, safe, stable, non-abusive home to a teen mom and her child, is doing a great thing, in my opinion! Good luck on your journey :) Just realized this is a VERY old thread, but if you are still monitoring it, I would love to hear an update on your adoption!
1 Liked
 likes this.
Archive
My partner and I are thinking about adopting. We are both birthmothers, so we know how much support a pregnant teen needs, and also what it feels like to be alienated from your family when you need the most support.
Does anyone have any ideas of where to go to adopt a pregnant teen? We do have a social worker coming over next week to start adoption paperwork. We are licensed for foster care already. We really want to help a child that needs it the most.
Tami and Theresa
Go through fostercare. I wouldn't adopt a pregnant teen, since they probably wouldn't want to be adopted. If they want to be adopted, I wouldn't trust them. I would think they would be using you, or have attachment issues. I would foster them maybe. Some stay in the system until they age out. But there's also other teens or children that need help. I would look into that to.I know when I was a fosterkid, I didn't want to be adopted and loved my parents more than any other foster parent. So you might deal with that.
I'm a pregnant teen who currently lives in ga... need somewhere for me and my baby to live.. can u help?
Advertisements
wow, i thought this was a page for support. i have also considered adopting a pregnant teenager to help them KEEP their baby and get the support needed to raise thier child and stay in school instead of having them loose thier child and suffer further trauma.
Don't you think the above post is a bit odd? Why are you posting this, as it seems these 2 want to take advantage of a pregnant teen. Don't you think the FBI should be alerted to investigate this post?