Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Barb
Has anyone used Ysabel LLernea to facilitate their adoption. We would be interested in references good or bad. Thanks barblorenzo@comcast.net
Advertisements
Originally Posted By run run run
no you do not need to go to another board for info. you just need to run away from her. call the embassy and ask about her. her business practices are questionable at the best. she will not tell you the nmae of the attorneys that she works with so you can check them out. there are too many other good people towork with. do not work with her.
Originally Posted By run run run
no you do not need to go to another board for info. you just need to run away from her. call the embassy and ask about her. her business practices are questionable at the best. she will not tell you the nmae of the attorneys that she works with so you can check them out. there are too many other good people towork with. do not work with her.
Originally Posted By bill
Thanks funny, I never had that problem with Ysabel. She never told me I couldn't check up on the attorney. In fact, that was one of the first things we discussed when we were considering adopting in Guatemala. Our adoption went smoothly. We checked the archives and discovered that most of the people ranting negative about Ysabel were a bunch of crack pots who never even used her. Go with your gut feeling. We did and we're now in passport waiting to bring our son home!!!
Originally Posted By Bad Experience
I am not willing to give my name because I do not want to be sued by her. I will say that I had a TERRIBLE adoption experience with her and thought we would never get our baby home. She lies, lies, lies. The man in Guatemala who works for her also tells you lies and doesn't follow through with what he tells you. I would NEVER use this woman again. She is trouble from the beginning.
Advertisements
Please tell me about your experiences with Ysabel. I have been waiting for the adoption of my son to happen for almost a year and a half. I got into an argument with her right at the beginning of the adoption process and insisted on only dealing with my agency and they are dealing with her. What problems did you encounter in Guatemala? I just found out that the adoption has been approved finally and that I am only waiting for the passport. I hope to be travelling sometime early next month.
Originally Posted By A happy mom
My first child took 13 mos. to get here. The agency I used worked through Ysabel. Some of the problem was a result of missing info but most of the time delay was a result of INS and the embassy. I had never dealt or spoken with Ysabel only my agency. Our daughter was so delightful and well cared for that when we adopted a second we went through Ysabel again. The second adoption took 5 months from the time we got our paperwork together. I found Ysabel to be very caring and the only delay was due to the American embassy. Her associate in Guatemala takes you where you need to go and basically handles everything. Things go very smoothly there. Keep the faith. Once you get your child home and see how well adjusted and cared for he was you'll forget about the wait and it will have all been worth it.
Originally Posted By JENNY
BARB,
WE ARE USING YSABEL IN OUR ADOPTION AND IN A FEW WEEKS WE WILL BE GETTING OUR BABY BOY AND GIRL. WE COULD NOT BE HAPPIER! SHE IS A WONDERFUL PERSON. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TALK LET ME KNOW AND I CAN ALSO GIVE YOU ANOTHER GREAT REFERENCE FROM SOMEONE WHO USED HER LAST YEAR AND IS USING HER AGAIN NOW. GOD BLESS!
JENNY
BARB
I HAVE TO SAY THAT I AM QUITE SURPRISED TO HEAR SOOME OF THE THINGS ABOUT YSABEL. WE HAVE LOVED HER FROM THE START. AND IT DOES SEEM TO ME THAT MOST EVERYONE WHO HAS SOMETHING NEGATIVE TO SAY ABOUT HER HAS NEVER USED HER FOR THEIR ADOPTION.OUR ADOPTION ONLY TOOK 5 MONTHS FROM PAPERWORK TO GETTING THE FINALIZATION 3 WEEKS AGO. I KNOW THAT NOT EVERYONE LIKES THE SAME PEOPLE AND NOT EVERYONE GETS ALONG BUT WE WILL USE HER AGAIN IF THE LORD IS WILLING. SHE HAS AN ACCENT THAT CAN BE HARD FOR SOME TO UNDERSTAND BUT EMAILING HER ALWAYS TAKES CARE OF THAT! WE GET NEW PICTURES OF OUR BABIES REGULARLY AND NOW ARE JUST WAITING ON THE PASSPORT. JENNY
Advertisements