Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
This. My kids were all older. My oldest was in the process of telling his bio mother our address but I caught him. My youngest told their bio mom when I wasn’t around.
One thing to consider if you're extremely concerned about keeping confidentiality is the age of children you're willing to foster. Most school-aged children will be able to tell their bio family where they live - if not the exact address, then they could recognize familiar roads or even stores in the area for the BPs to narrow down your location.
Like many have said, if someone is determined to find you, chances are good that they will. Invest in a good security system if you feel vulnerable, or find out about a neighborhood watch. Explain to neighbors your situation and they can be extra eyes and ears.
Most of all - just as the bio parents can find out about you, you can also find out about them. We didn't even have our children's mother's correct last name on their paperwork and my husband still managed to find her in court records. Their father is on facebook. Our first court visit, we knew exactly who they were based on mug shots and were able to avoid them - out of safety concerns, because BD has a hefty arrest record. Of course, once the CW got there, she told them who we were, but at least we were fore-warned.