Hi. Not sure if my first post was created. But I thought I'd say hello to everyone. My wife and I have started the adoption process. Got all my forms and have started to fill them out. Very nervous/excited about the whole thing. Here in Arkansas, I get a 20 day suspense to get all my forms in so I hope to get this thing mailed off next week.
I look forward to reading & learning all I can on this message board.
Welcome, Joseph!
Congratulations on the beginning of your adoption journey! This community is a great resource for support and information. You will find voices from all sides of the adoption triad. Best of luck with your paperwork and we look forward to hearing more!
Thanks. So far, I've finished my portion of the forms. My wife and my mother-in-law is all that's left. I hope to have all the forms collected/notarized this week. I also spoke w/ the DHS folks here and they're cool with me dropping off my forms rather than mailing it.
Alrighty then! I dropped off our packet of applications to DHS yesterday. I was told that up next is the background checks which may take up to two weeks. As they say in the military...hurry up and WAIT!
You will find that you'll be doing a lot of hurrying up and waiting in your process. I hope you hear back sooner rather than later. It will test your patience, but always remember that the wait will be worth it!
Just got an email requesting for driving history record. I didnt know you could order them off of the DMV site for a few bucks!
Sent the records a few hours ago and I hope that'll suffice.
Wow, your driving history? That's pretty intense. I can totally see looking on your criminal record for serious driving situations, but they want to know about your speeding tickets, eh?
Congrats on starting your adoption journey! My husband and I started the process in August of 2016, got matched with a birth mother in November and our son was born last month. There are stressful parts for sure in the process and I think the beginning was the part that seemed to drag on, especially when we were waiting on our background clearance. It took about 3 weeks, but felt like 3 years! Once our home study was completed and our profile went up, everything moved very quickly and that was the fun part. Let me know if you have any questions!
Congrats on starting your adoption journey! My husband and I started the process in August of 2016, got matched with a birth mother in November and our son was born last month. There are stressful parts for sure in the process and I think the beginning was the part that seemed to drag on, especially when we were waiting on our background clearance. It took about 3 weeks, but felt like 3 years! Once our home study was completed and our profile went up, everything moved very quickly and that was the fun part. Let me know if you have any questions!
Nice! Congrats to you both. Got another email today requesting for another form to fill out. Thank goodness for the internet and having scan to PDF capability.
Adoption update. Just finished our initial interview. It wasnt too bad...we were briefed on what we needed to do like, secure cleaning supplies, lock up prescription medication etc. Overall, we're pretty pumped! We have to get CPR certified and provide a house diagram.
1 Liked
 likes this.