Throughout the process we have started to gather items together in anticipation of our future child or children. This weekend we began setting up some of the items in the nursery now that we have finished painting it. From the beginning, we had decided to do a "bumble bee" themed nursery. We enjoy planting our flower and vegetable garden so the bumble bee theme came from that. Our friends and family have been extremely supportive and excited during this process and have helped contribute to the nursery theme. My friends from work surprised me with a baby blanket they hand made with bumble bees (draped over the crib) and a matching hat for the baby. Every time someone comes across any item with a bumble bee on it, they pick it up for the baby's room.
- Age: 31
- Race/Ethnicity: White
- Age: 33
Preferences for a child
- Newborn to 1 year of age
- Twins, Triplets or more, Sibling groups
- African American (Full), African American (Half), Caucasian (Full), Caucasian (Half), Hispanic (Full), Hispanic (Half), Asian (Full), Asian (Half)
- Open to discussion
Post Adoption Contact / Level of Openness
- (open to all contact, phone calls, an in person visit before adoption placement, sharing photos and letters after placement, visits at a neutral location after adoption placement etc)
- If you want a more closed adoption, we would honor that request as well.
- * A Caseworker to work with you throughout your pregnancy
- * Counseling
- * Medical Care
- * Maternity-related financial support
- * Legal services
- * Lifelong support through a Post Adoption team.