In this video Christy Krispin candidly shares essential steps to becoming foster parents. Christy goes into detail on the following steps:
- Talk it over with your spouse, your children and others who may be affected by your choice
- Attend an orientation as required in individual states
- Begin the paperwork. This is a step that can be time consuming, so starting right away is important
- Attend training classes which are essential to prepare you for success in foster parenting
- Become CPR and First Aid certified. One must be certified to properly care for foster children
- Complete home visits.